Summer Staff Application
Unirondack Summer Staff Application
Before you apply…
• All Unirondack staff members are required to attend our Staff Orientation Week (Sat. June 24 – Sat. July 1, 2017).
2018 Arrival Dates for Staff:
Leadership Staff: Wednesday, June 20 by 4pm
Kitchen Staff: Friday, June 22 by noon
Crew Staff: Friday, June 22 by noon
All other: Saturday, June 23 by 4pm
• With few exceptions it is strongly preferred that potential staff members are available to work the entire summer. Our 2017 summer season dates are Sunday, June 22 through Saturday, August 25, 2018. If you need to make a special arrangement for leaving early at the end of the Summer (for college orientation or classes), please let us know as soon as possible. Please check your college calendar so that you know the dates you are required to be at school for the fall 2018 semester.
• If you are applying for a counselor position you must be 18 or older. While we strongly prefer to hire kitchen staff and maintenance crew members who are 18 or older, but we do occasionally hire well-qualified 17-year-olds for our dishwashing and crew positions.
• Our summers are drug and alcohol free. This is a requirement, not a suggestion. We require sobriety for the length of our employee’s contract. It is of the utmost importance that we are of sound mind and body at all times when caring for youth and we have found that enforcing a drug-free policy even during days off to be the best way to achieve this.
• All potential staff members must submit at least 2 references, one of your references MUST BE A PRIOR EMPLOYER. All staff go through a background check (as required by the NYS Department of Health).
• Summer salary includes room and board and one day off per week. Salary is paid at the end of the summer. Starting salary is $1,250 for entry-level positions.
We look forward to receiving your application, to getting to know you and to learning what you can contribute as a Unirondack staff member.
The earlier we receive your application, the better as most of our positions fill up early. Once we receive your application we will contact you to set up an initial phone or skype-type interview. Interviews for staff will begin November 1.
APPLICATION OPENS JANUARY 1, 2019.
People of color, transgender and gender nonconforming or nonbinary folks are especially encouraged to apply.